Tokyo Love Shop TCA (Tricholoroacetic Acid) Peel 30% is a deep peeling agent using professional grade TCA. TCA and less often used Phenol, are chemical agents of choice when it comes to professional chemical peeling otherwise known as chemabrasion. TCA has renewed interest and advantages. It is not absorbed by the skin like Phenol, and therefore, is free of the systemic side effects of phenol, which can not be taken lightly. TCA does not burn as deeply, so one is more likely to avoid total loss of pigmentation and hypertrophic (thickened) scars. Weaker chemical agents are more available, but, also with less strength, comes less effectiveness.
TCA can be applied repeatedly in one to three monthly intervals and its effectiveness is compared to Phenol with a much improved safety record. TCA is wonderful for the neck area and the tops of hands. A distinct advantage is that the strength can be altered to the needs of the patient. The inflammatory reaction is red and crusty, peaking in 48 hours lasting at least 10-14 days. Frequently a slight pink discolouration may last up to 3-4 weeks. The epidermal skin regeneration actually begins the second day after application and that is completed usually by two weeks. Although this is not a surgical procedure, it can be quite uncomfortable for several days, especially when the entire face is treated at once.
We highly recommend priming your skin with Tokyo Love Shop Retinoic Acid Cream for 3 days to make your skin more receptive to the forthcoming treatment. Tokyo Love Shop TCA Peels can improve wrinkles of the skin by improving the collagen and elastin fibers of the skin, strengthening and repairing them. It can also eradicate or lessen the appearance of acne scars, fine lines around the eyes and mouth, discoloration associated with the sun, hormones, and ageing. TCA peels will result in the skin having a red appearance for about 7-10 days and require absolute sun protection during this time.
-Lessens or eradicates the appearance of scars and blemishes
-Makes pores smaller
-Removes fine lines, wrinkles and signs of skin ageing
-Treats and prevents acne, blackheads and whiteheads
-Evens out skin color
-Removes age spots, flat moles, warts and most skin imperfections
-Brightens the skin
-Improves skin texture, tone and overall luminosity
-Tightens and tones
-Guaranteed dramatic results
-Can be used for face and body peeling
-Can remove tattoos
1. Wash the areas to be treated(Could be face, neck or body) with a PH balance soap or an acidic soap. Never use alkaline soaps as it will make acid peeling useless. All Tokyo Love Soaps are PH Balanced soaps. We recommend using the original version for peeling as it is the mildest. Let it dry thoroughly.
2. Using a cotton ball or cotton pad, Prep the areas to be treated using Tokyo Love Shop Peel Prep. An alternative is 70% isopropyl alcohol. Repeat this process until no residue or dirt is seen on the cotton ball/pad. Let it dry thoroughly.
3. Wear surgical gloves to protect your hands from unintentional peeling. Thinly apply Tokyo Love Shop TCA Peel 30% all over the desired area. Ensure that the cotton ball/pad is not dripping wet with the solution. You can use it for peeling the face, neck, arm, legs, hands and feet safely.
4. Leave it on for 5 minutes. Frosting or skin turning white is expected. This is due to protein denaturation. Burning sensation, tingling and redness is expect at this time. This sensation is easily relieved by cooling the treated areas either with a fan, air conditioner or towel soaked in ice cold water. Remember to wait for 5 minutes before patting an ice cold moist towel on the treated areas to make sure that the chemical is not neutralized too early. In clinics, topical anesthesia are usually applied first.
5. You can apply another layer depending on your tolerance by repeating step 3. For 30% TCA, 1 to 3 Layers are ideal. In case you noticed that a large area of the treated skin turns white (frosted well), you need not apply another layer. In case you noticed that only a few portion of the treated skin turns white, you can apply another layer.
6. Wash the treated areas with cool water, let it dry and apply a mild moisturizer. Tokyo Love Shop Peel Recovery Jelly is a good choice.
7. Your skin will begin to peel after 2 days. Crusting and redness are normal.
8. Do this process no more than once a month.
- You can use Tokyo Love Shop Retinoic Acid 1% Cream by applying it once a day every night 3 days prior to using Tokyo Love Shop TCA Peel 30% for better results.
- You can use Tokyo Love Peel Recovery Jelly immediately after washing and drying the affected area to provide soothing comfort to peeling skin and hasten skin recovery and healing.
- You can use Tokyo Love Niacinamide Lycopene Complex Cream when the skin finished peeling (about 1 to 2 weeks) to enhance and prolong the effects of peeling.
- As with using any other products, kindly perform a patch test. Apply a small amount of the solution on the inner side of your arm. If immediate redness and burning sensation is felt, wash the area completely with water and do not use the product.
- Make sure that Tokyo Love Shop Calming Cream or Hydrocortisone Cream is available before doing any forms of skin peeling. In case of delayed allergic reactions such as rashes, excessive itching and hives: Stop using the product. Wash the affected area with mild soap and water and apply Tokyo Love Shop Calming Cream or Hydrocortisone Cream.
- Stop using any products that peels the skin such as Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, Salicylic acid, Lactic acid, Kojic Acid etc. 2 weeks prior to skin peeling with the exception of 1% Retinoic Acid intended for skin priming.
- Do not scrub or remove peeling skin. Removing them prematurely could cause scarring.
- Avoid sun exposure. You can only use sun block 2 weeks after treatment.
Store at room temperature not exceeding 30°C. Avoid exposing the product to high humidity, heat and sunlight.
30% Tricholoroacetic Acid, Deionized Water.
This Tokyo Love Shop product is not tested on animals. We do not support animal testing.
©2013 Tokyo Love Shop Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.